Sabre Commercial is in search of a Senior Estimator to join our team in the Austin Office.
Sabre Commercial is an Austin-based commercial construction services company specializing in general contracting in the Central Texas region. We formed Sabre out of a belief in reputation, integrity, and responsibility. We are a company that truly cares about our employees and our culture, gaining recognition on The Austin American-Statesman’s Top Work Place’s competition, Austin Business Journal’s list of Best Places to Work three years in a row and ABJ’s list of the 50 fastest growing companies in Central Texas five times.
The Senior Estimator will be responsible for managing all aspects of the estimating process, including evaluating risk, preparation of budgets, review, understand and comply with the
RFP, blueprints, specifications and other documents while also maintaining relationships and profitability throughout the estimating process. The Senior Estimator will also be responsible for developing strategies to meet project goals and be able to present cost estimates for internal and external audiences:
Position Responsibilities And Duties
- Able to perform all Estimator responsibilities
- Review project plans, requirements and specifications
- Coordinate subcontract solicitations and job walks
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing
- Determine labor and construction equipment costs
- Solicit and communicate with subcontractors through the Bid Process
- Secure all bid documents (bid forms and quote letters)
- Prepare estimates through all levels of design, i.e., Conceptual, Schematic, Design Development, Construction Documents and Permit Documents
- Review preliminary quotes and pre-bid estimates with Project Team
- Conduct “Turnover Meetings” with Operations Team
- Assist jobsite staff with estimates after bid award
- Maintain relationships with suppliers and subcontractors
- Must be knowledgeable in Excel spreadsheets and functions
- Familiarity with Construction software (SmartBidNet, Timberline, On Screen Take-off and Planswift).
Minimum Skills Or Experience Requirements
- Engineering, Construction Management or Architectural degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 10 years Estimating experience
- Ability to read and understand specifications and drawings
- Ability to make accurate judgments and calculations
- Working knowledge of construction costs and principles
- Estimating experience (quantity takeoffs, engineering design knowledge and project management/supervision experience desirable)
- Microsoft Suite
Apply to one of our open positions.