Sabre Commercial is an Austin-based commercial construction services company specializing in general contracting in the Central Texas region. We formed Sabre out of a belief in reputation, integrity and responsibility. We are a growing company that truly cares about our employees and our culture, gaining recognition on The Austin American-Statesman’s Top Work Place’s competition, Austin Business Journal’s list of Best Places to Work three years in a row and ABJ’s list of the 50 fastest growing companies in Central Texas five of the last six years.
The Superintendent will be responsible for managing all aspects of projects including safety, scheduling, and relationships through project completion. The Superintendent will also be responsible for collaborating with the Project Team to refine, develop and update project schedules to ensure all criteria are identified and up to date. Select responsibilities are as follows:
- Field Leader: Leads project field personnel to complete projects on schedule, under budget, and with quality conforming to key project documents. Runs weekly meetings with subcontractors and other stakeholders. Demands the highest standard of work while ensuring that owners, end-users, designers, and subcontractors are treated fairly and in accordance with contract documents and the betterment of the project team.
- Acts as the Constructability Expertduring project procurement and execution, identifying constructability or schedule issues affecting project completion. Ensures field compliance with the contract documents and regulatory entities. Takes full ownership of all plans, specifications, and schedules.
- Scheduler: Prepare job schedules in Microsoft Project, schedule work on-site, and communicate the schedule to owners, construction managers, designers, and other project team members.
- Communicator: Communicate daily with owners, construction managers, designers, and other project team members to ensure progress toward the common goal is achieved.
- Safety: Ensures the highest level of safety is met onsite during the project.
- Documentation Gatherer: Coordinates successful completion of project documentation., including but not limited to daily and weekly reports, safety data, inspection logs, as-builts, etc.
- 5+ years of healthcare construction supervision experience, including hospitals and other acute care facilities. Ground up and remodel/finish out experience required for project sizes up to $10M.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction science preferred, but not required
- Procore experience is preferred, but not required
- Scheduling experience (Microsoft Project, P6, etc.)
- Effective leader and team builder
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver
- Effective communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Well-organized, a planner
- Pushes projects forward
- Customer-service orientation
- Positive, “can-do” attitude