Sabre Commercial is in search of a High-End Interiors Finish-Out Construction Superintendent to join our Austin team.
Sabre Commercial is an Austin-based commercial construction services company specializing in general contracting in the Central Texas region. We formed Sabre out of a belief in reputation, integrity, and responsibility. We are a growing company that truly cares about our employees and our culture, gaining recognition on The Austin American-Statesman’s Top Work Place’s competition, Austin Business Journal’s list of Best Places to Work three years in a row and ABJ’s list of the 50 fastest growing companies in Central Texas five of the last six years.
The Superintendent will be responsible for managing all aspects of projects including safety, scheduling, and relationships through project completion. The Superintendent will also be responsible for collaborating with the Project Team to refine, develop and update project schedules to ensure all criteria are identified and up to date. Select responsibilities are as follows:
- Scheduler: Prepare job schedules in Microsoft Project, schedule work on-site and communicate the schedule to owners, construction managers, designers, and other project team members.
- Communicator: Communicate daily with owners, construction managers, designers, and other project team members to ensure progress toward the common goal is achieved.
- Acts as the Constructability Expert during project procurement and execution, identifying constructability or schedule issues affecting project completion. Ensures field compliance with the contract documents and regulatory entities.
- Field Leader: Lead project field personnel to complete projects on schedule, under budget with quality conforming to key project documents.
- Safety: Ensures highest level of safety is met onsite during project.
- Documentation Gatherer: Coordinates successful completion of project documentation., including but not limited to daily and weekly reports, safety data, inspection logs, as-builts, etc.
- Must be local and familiar with City of Austin requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in High End Class A Interiors
- Bachelor’s degree in construction science preferred, but not required
- Procore experience is preferred, but not required
- Scheduling experience (Microsoft Project)
- Effective leader and team builder
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver
- Effective communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Well-organized, a planner
- Pushes projects forward
- Customer-service orientation
- Positive, “can-do” attitude