Our April 12th groundbreaking required a very special type of hardhat as we broke ground on Williamson County’s newest fire station.
This new 10,500 square foot Williamson County Fire Station #2, set to open Spring of 2019, will be located at the southwest corner of Ronald Reagan Boulevard and Elizabeth Park Boulevard. This station will expand WCESD#4 into the rapidly growing Santa Rita Ranch development area to better serve those region.
Battalion Chief Anthony Lincoln served as the master of ceremonies. Chris Ruebusch with PGAL, as well as Ed Horn, who sold Williamson County the land, spoke at the event.
The station will feature:
- 2 1/2 bays to accommodate 10 firefighters and medical staff
- Conference room
- Watch offices
- Medical treatment room
- Workout space
- Generator for emergency backup power
- Detention area for water runoff and treatment
The site was obtained from the developer of Santa Rita Ranch, Wilshire Homes, owned by Mr. Horn. As part of the agreement, the station will be designed to complement the new Santa Rita Ranch community center across from the site on the other side of Ronald Reagan Boulevard. The fire station, along with the planned community soccer fields adjacent to the site, will create a civic node within the overall master plan.
We would like to extend a huge thank you to those involved in coordinating the groundbreaking ceremony, all of the attendees, as well as PGAL Architects.
The project team includes:
- PGAL, Architecture + Design
- Sabre Commercial, Inc., General Contractor
- Structures, Inc., Structural Engineer
- DBR Engineering Consultants, MEP Consultant
- Steger Bizzell Engineering, Civil Engineer
- Studio Balcones, Landscape Architect
To see images from the groundbreaking, please see our facebook album.